BEN HILL COUNTY SCHOOLS
Grow your mind. Grow your life.
- BEN HILL COUNTY SCHOOLS
Teacher of the Year Nominations
Teacher of the Year Guidelines, Selection Process and Nomination Form
It is the goal of Ben Hill County School District to recognize and honor outstanding teachers and the designation of a Teacher of the Year is one such method. The nomination procedure will allow every stakeholder in Ben Hill County an opportunity to nominate a teacher to compete for the Ben Hill County School District Teacher of the Year. Nominations are due August 23, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
Criteria for Nomination:
- Be a Certified classroom teacher (Pre-K- 12 teacher including Special Education, Physical Education, Art, Music and Media Specialist)
- Have outstanding character, inspires ALL children, and has a proven track record for high student growth and achievement
- Be an exceptionally skilled and dedicated classroom teacher
- Have gone above and beyond normal duties and responsibilities
- Have the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues
- Play an active role in the community as well as in the school to make a difference in the lives of Ben Hill County children
- Must be in an active teaching status with Ben Hill County School District for current school year and have at least three years of experience