BEN HILL COUNTY SCHOOLS
- BEN HILL COUNTY SCHOOLS
Bookkeeping Position at BHES
Ben Hill County School Bookkeeper: BHES
Under the direct supervision of the Principal, the bookkeeper will be responsible for all bookkeeping at the school level, fund accounting for school and BOE (revenue/expenditures), preparing monthly financial reports for BOE, as well as, additional clerical duties in accordance with school district policies and practices and applicable laws and regulations.
- Administers the school districts administer the school district's accounting and bookkeeping activities, including the processing of invoices for payment, and inputting and maintaining data and information into the accounting system regarding accounts payable to ensure records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Reviews requisitions and purchase orders and reconciles/approves as necessary.
- Researches discrepancies regarding the accuracy of invoice amounts for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and implementing corrective measures, communicating with vendors or others as needed to reconcile issues.
- Develops reporting procedures and internal controls for timely and accurate completion of reporting and record-keeping requirements.
- Recommends policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of improving efficiency and providing direction for meeting the school district's accounting objectives.
- Composes correspondence as needed for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding accounts payable issues, balances, etc.
- Maintains accounting records for accurate and up-to-date filing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in banking and other financial transaction activities as required.
- Assists in ensuring the reliability of key operating data through period audits and corrective action.
- Reconciles cash accounts and general ledger expense accounts as directed.
- Maintain and reconcile school staff time and attendance.
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the accounting system.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office, Excel, Desktop Publishing, Database Management
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
- Uses calculating devices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, perform complex arithmetic operations and use calculators.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to problem-solve job-related issues.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding school district financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to train and mentor other accounting employees.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
Salary: Based on Experience and Clerical Salary Schedule
Terms of Employment: 240 Days
Clear Background Check
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, with course work in business, math, accounting, bookkeeping and recordkeeping.
- Successful bookkeeping or accounting experience, generally a minimum of two years.
Qualification Required : Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, with course work in business, math, accounting, bookkeeping and recordkeeping.
Please go under Employment to apply.